As you certainly know, the final 12 month countdown to the MDR date of application started on Sunday 26 May.
To ‘commemorate’ this, we have today published the attached statement, which MedTech Europe co-signed by 6 other associations:
- AESGP: The Association of the European Self-Medication Industry
- EHIMA: The European Hearing Instrument Manufacturers Association
- EUROM VI: The Medical Technology Committee of the European Federation of Precision Mechanical and Optical Industries
- EUCOMCONTACT: The European Association of the Contact Lens and Lens Care Products Manufacturers
- FIDE: The Federation of the European Dental Industry
- GIRP: The European Healthcare Distribution Association
The document is publicly-available on our website here, and has also been shared today with the European Commission and the Competent Authorities for Medical Devices (CAMD) Executive Group.
This is part of our campaign to encourage authorities to accelerate implementation of the new EU regulatory framework, to the maximum possible extent.